Meeting topics will include: current lease trends, farmland values and investment returns, farmer profitability in today’s market, determining the Illinois soil productivity index for your farmland, and protecting the soil nutrient bank.
Information also will be discussed about a web-based tool to help farmers find land available for rent and to help landowners achieve fair-market lease arrangements.
Speakers will vary by meeting location. The group includes retired University of Illinois Extension educators Dale Baird, Jim Endress, and Ruth Hambleton and Kevin Brooks with US Farm Lease.
Each meeting will start at 6 p.m. and end at 9 p.m. Dates and locations are:
- Oct. 4, Ogle County Farm Bureau, Oregon;
- Oct. 11, Joliet Junior College, Joliet;
- Oct. 15, Cook County Farm Bureau, Countryside;
- Oct. 18, Parkland College, Champaign;
- Oct. 22, Lake Land Community College, Mattoon;
- Oct. 23 Illinois Central Community College, East Peoria;
- Oct. 25, Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield;
- and Oct. 29, Kaskaskia College, Centralia.
For information or to register, contact Kevin Brooks at 877-232-4002 or by email at email@example.com