Six educators who specialize in commercial agriculture are based at the university’s research farms around the state. Their main focus is providing information for large-scale farming operations, Gray noted.
Two of the commercial ag educators, Travis Meteer and Teresa Steckler, are livestock specialists, Gray added.
Commercial ag educators and their locations from north to south are:
- Russell Higgins, Northern Illinois Agronomy Research Center, DeKalb/Shabbona;
- Angie Peltier, Northwestern Illinois Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center, Monmouth;
- Dennis Bowman, Crop Sciences Research and Education Center, Champaign/Urbana;
- Travis Meteer, Orr Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center, Perry;
- Robert Bellm, Brownstown Agronomy Research Center, Brownstown; and
- Teresa Steckler, Dixon Springs Agricultural Center, Dixon Springs/Simpson.
Four other Extension educators are specializing in environmental and energy stewardship in multiple counties.
Their names and contact information are: